Our Mission...."Sharing the love of God by nurturing each other and growing into the living example of Christ through our prayers and actions as we engage in outreach, liturgy, sacraments and fellowship."
The 5 Marks of Mission
- To proclaim the Good News of the Kingdom.
- To teach, baptize and nurture new believers.
- To respond to human need by loving service.
- To seek to transform unjust structures of society.
- To strive to safeguard the integrity of creation and sustain and renew the live of the earth.
Our Baptismal covenant
At Baptism we affirm our belief in God
the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy
Spirit. We also make a series of promises.
With God's help, we promise to:
- Continue in the apostle's teaching and fellowship, in the breaking of bread, and in the prayers
- Persevere in resisting evil, and whenever we fall into sin, to repent and return to the Lord.
- Proclaim by word and example the Good News of God in Christ.
- Seek and serve Christ in all persons, loving our neighbors as ourselves.
- Strive for justice and peace among all people, and to respect the dignity of every human being.
We are a part of the larger Episcopal Church
We are in the South Central Deanery of the Diocese of Alaska. Our Bishop, The Right Reverend Mark Lattime is the 8th Bishop of Alaska. For more information about the Diocese of Alaska, click here.
For information about The Episcopal Church click here.